Tanzania Peace, Legal Aid & Justice Centre (PLAJC) is a Non-Government Organization registered under the (NGO) Act, registration number 00NGO/00007461, registered August 2014. PLAJC is registered as a Tax Payer with TIN number 122-378-802 under the laws of Tanzania. PLAJC has headquarters is located Near Dodoma Municipal opposite to regional Library and it has Branches office in Kaliua- Tabora
The current situation in Tanzania through documented and media reports shows that there are Several human rights and peace violations based on Civil, Political, Social, Economic as well as environmental issues which in fact affect much the development of individuals and nation at large. PLAJC as one of the NGOs in Tanzania focusing on promotion of peace by contributing on reduction of peace and human rights violations for sustainable peace, justice and development through promoting Conflict prevention, analysis and resolution as well as Economic empowerment for effective engagement in peace building and poverty eradication in the Country, the organisation opts for unique approach of promoting peace and social justice as an area which most of other NGOs in Tanzania have not adequately focused on. Due to that situation and other reasons PLAJC is established to address the above gap disregarded by other NGOs in Tanzania.
A Tanzanian society with equality, peaceful and security for sustainable development of the country
To minimize peace and human rights violations through analysis and resolution of conflicts, promotion of conflict prevention mechanisms and protection of human rights for sustainable peace and development at local and national level.
PLAJC intends to work with other stakeholders including local, national and international organizations that are well versed in the Organisation Vision, Mission, Programs and objectives. This collaboration extends to Government institutions, religious organizations, CSOs, individuals and Local development partners. Likewise intends to cooperate with the INGOs and United Nations (UN) agencies and other relevant stakeholders.
The overall goal focuses on promotion of peace by contributing on reduction of violation of peace and human rights for sustainable peace, justice and development through promoting Conflict prevention, analysis and resolution as well as Economic empowerment for effective engagement in peace building and poverty reduction to contribute to harmony and development in the Country as set out in the National policies such as Vision 2025 and the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (NSGRP) as well as the world Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030.
- To advocate and promote peace as well as conflict prevention, analysis, management and resolution on Social, Natural Resources/Land and Industrial conflicts through research, publications, raising awareness, peace dialogues and Sports.
- To raise awareness on human rights protection, availability and accessibility of legal aid services to vulnerable groups and
- To enhance access to justice for all through promotion of disputes resolution through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) on Natural resource includes Land Conflicts.
- To promote Good governance and Accountability and empower Citizens participation to hold government accountable in the country.
- To reduce magnitude of a early child marriage, child pregnancy and child labour by conducting a campaign and advocates to help theme to access their social needs
- To Promote and strengthen economic justice for Youth and Women to own and engage in Business and agribusiness focus on value chain to achieve economic sustainability.